Canton Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
Swim Lessons: Session II (7/5-7/16)
American Red Cross Learn to Swim
All swim lessons will require a parent/guardian to be in the water with the participant at all times (exception: Level 3 - swimmer must be able to swim the width of the pool unassisted. Parents will be asked to participate during the back stroke/float portion on select days - schedule will be discussed with parent/guardian).
• All lessons are 40 minutes long
• Each session is 2 weeks long meeting Monday-Friday
• Lessons are held rain or shine; in the event of a lighting or thunder storm class will be cancelled
• Please review all swim lesson guidelines and pool rules prior to registering for the class (listed in the "Additional Forms" section below).
• Note: There are no make-up classes and students may not attend other classes; we do not pro-rate swimming lessons
• Fee: $73 per session (Pool members pay $58 per session)
* Be sure to register for a pool membership first to get a discount*
Pre-School: For children ages 3 to 5 years old. Teaches elementary aquatic skills and builds on the fundamentals needed for level 1.
Level 1: For children ages 5 & up. Teaches basic water safety and skills to help children feel comfortable in the water.
Level 2: For children ages 5 & up. Participants build on fundamental skills and will learn to float without support and to recover in a vertical position. Students begin working on the foundation for stroke development.
Level 3: For children ages 5 & up. Participants will learn survival float, swim the front crawl and elementary backstroke. They will be introduced to scissors and dolphin kicks.
Additional Forms and Files: