Canton Recreation Basketball League
Please continue to check this page for schedule and league updates.
Canton's Recreation Basketball League is for boys and girls grades 2-8 who are interested in learning the sport of basketball and competing with a team. Players will be grouped into teams within grade-appropriate brackets.Teams will practice one night per week: Grades 2-3 will practice at Cherry Brook Primary School (Mon, Wed or Fri) and Grades 4-8 (Wed or Thurs) will practice in the CIS gym. The exact time will be determined by the coach and court availability. Teams will have one game per week always on Saturday.
Canton Parks & Recreation is continuing its partnership with Avon, Burlington, and Farmington to expand the size, competition, network and length of our leagues. This will ensure a variety of competitors and provide an early foundation for travel, AAU, and high school athletics. Games will be held in Canton, Avon, Burlington and Farmington on Saturdays and there will be approximately 8-10 games over the course of the season. Please note that some minimal travel within the Farmington Valley is required. This program now runs late November/early December-February (exact dates TBA) and fees include a uniform t-shirt.
This league is introductory in nature and is geared towards developing players' individual skills while playing in a team setting.
Regular Fee*: $135 (deadline: 10/11)
Late Fee (after 10/11): $150 (deadline: 10/20 - please note, team space will be limited - no guarantee of a spot on a team)
*League registration is on a rolling basis. Once teams meet capacity, even before the registration deadline, registration will close, so don't wait to register! If registration is full, please register for the wait list. The wait list does not guarantee a spot on the team, but if a spot were to open up, the wait list registrants would be contacted first.
Volunteer coaches needed for every age level! Email TSchrager@townofcantonct.org for more information.
- Registration deadline - October 11 for RESIDENTS
- Team/Practice Day Requests: Team requests will be taken up until the regular registration deadline (10/11). Requests will be taken into consideration, but are not guaranteed.
- Non-Resident Registration - available October 12-20
- Late Registration deadline - October 20 (space for certain teams may be limited - registration is not guaranteed)
- Coaches Meeting - TBD
- Practice Begins - November/December ( Dates TBA. Practices are once a week. Schedule to be released once all teams are formed)
- Regular Season Begins - December TBA (Season is approximately 10 weeks - schedule to be released after teams are formed)
- Covid-19 Safety Protocols: Please review all COVID-19 protocols prior to registering. Please note, regulations and policies may change before and during the season.There will most likely be another update prior to the start of the program. Please continue to check the safety protocols. Up-to-date guidelines are listed as "Safety Protocol" under the additional forms and files section (below).
- Concussion Information: Please review all concussion information prior to registering (see additional forms and files section below). Additional information can be found by visiting www.cdc.gov/headsup/.