Canton Recreation Basketball League
Please continue to check this page for schedule and league updates.
Practice schedules and teams will be announced 11/3. Practices will begin the week of 11/28. Games are tentatively scheduled to begin 12/10.
Canton's Recreation Basketball League is for boys and girls grades 2-8 who are interested in learning the sport of basketball and competing with a team. This league is introductory in nature and is geared towards developing players' individual skills while playing in a team setting. Players will be grouped into teams within grade-appropriate brackets.Teams will practice one night per week: Grades 2-3 will practice at Cherry Brook Primary School (Mon, Wed or Fri) and Grades 4-8 (Wed or Thurs) will practice in the CIS gym. The exact time will be determined by the coach and court availability. Teams will have one game per week always on Saturday. Please note, game and practice schedules are subject to change and cancellations may occur based on gym availability.
Canton Parks & Recreation is continuing its partnership with Avon, Burlington, and Farmington to expand the size, competition, network and length of our leagues. This will ensure a variety of competitors and provide an early foundation for travel, and high school athletics while continuing to emphasize the basic skills and sportsmanship of the game. Some minimal travel within the Farmington Valley is required. Games will be held in Canton, Avon, Burlington, Harwinton and Farmington on Saturdays. The program runs December-February (exact dates TBA) and fees include a uniform t-shirt.
Regular Fee*: $142 (deadline: 10/11)
Late Fee (after 10/11): $157 (deadline: 10/20 - please note, team space will be limited - no guarantee of a spot on a team)
*League registration is on a rolling basis. Once teams meet capacity, even before the registration deadline, registration will close. Don't wait to register! If registration is full, please register for the wait list. The wait list does not guarantee a spot on the team, but if a spot were to open up, the wait list registrants would be contacted first.
Volunteer coaches needed for every age level! Email email@example.com for more information.
- Registration Deadline - October 11 for RESIDENTS
- Team/Practice Day Requests: Team requests will be taken up until the regular registration deadline (10/11). Requests will be taken into consideration, but are not guaranteed. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Non-Resident Registration - available October 12-20
- Late Registration Deadline - October 20 (space for certain teams may be limited - registration is not guaranteed)
- Coaches Meeting - Thursday, November 10 at 7:15pm via Zoom
- Practice Begins - Start the week of November 28 (schedules and teams will be announced Thu, 11/3)
- Regular Season Begins - Games are tentatively scheduled to start December 10
- Refund Request Deadline - November 9 (Refund requests will be taken until this date. A $10 cancellation fee will apply.)
- Concussion Information: Please review all concussion information prior to registering (see additional forms and files section below). Additional information can be found by visiting www.cdc.gov/headsup/.
- COVID-19 Safety Guidelines: The CT DPH has not released safety guidelines for fall activities. If posted, Canton Parks and Recreation will adopt the DPH policies for Fall/Winter 2022. The policies to be posted must be practiced during the 2022/23 rograms with adjustments based on local health department and town/school guidelines. Please note, regulations and policies may change before and during the program. Participants will need to adhere to the current policies and any mid-season changes to continue with the program.
- Public Act No. 21-64: Pursuant to the Governor's Task Force on Justice for Abused Children in CT (GTF) all operators of youth sport activities must distribute the child sexual abuse guidelines to each parent or guardian upon registration. All three documents can be found here: https://portal.ct.gov/DCF/GTF-CJA/HB-6113 (scroll to the bottom of the portal's page).