Skip to content
Canton Parks & Recreation
How to Register
For the best browsing experience, please upgrade to
IE 9 or greater
Skip to nav
Red Cross Swim Lessons Session 2 (7/8-7/19)
This program is currently unavailable. Click
to view all of our current programs.
American Red Cross Learn to Swim
• All lessons are 40 minutes long
• Each session is 2 weeks long meeting Monday-Friday
• Lessons are held rain or shine; in the event of a lighting or thunder storm class will be cancelled
• Note: There are no make-up classes and students may not attend other classes; we do not pro-rate swimming lessons
• Fee: $70.00 per session (Pool members pay $55.00 per session)
* Be sure to register for a pool membership first to get a discount*
Parent & Child: For children 6 months old through 4 years old and their parent (s). Class is a mix of songs and instruction to get your child comfortable in the water.
Pre-School: For children ages 3 to 5 years old. Teaches elementary aquatic skills and builds on the fundamentals needed for level 1.
Level 1: For children ages 5 & up. Teaches basic water safety and skills to help children feel comfortable in the water.
Level 2: For children ages 5 & up. Participants build on fundamental skills and will learn to float without support and to recover in a vertical position. Students begin working on the foundation for stroke development.
Level 3: For children ages 5 & up. Participants will learn survival float, swim the front crawl and elementary backstroke. They will be introduced to scissors and dolphin kicks.
Level 4: For children ages 5 & up. Participants will improve their skills and increase endurance by swimming familiar strokes (front crawl, elementary backstroke). Start to learn back crawl, breaststroke and butterfly.
Level 5: For children ages 5 & up. Objectives are coordination and refinement of strokes. Students will begin to increase distance and will be introduced to flip turns.
Level 6: For children ages 5 & up. Objectives are to refine strokes so students can swim them with more ease, efficiency, power and smoothness and over great distances.
Additional Forms and Files:
(NEW) Red Cross Swim Lesson App
* Adjustments and discounts will be applied during checkout if applicable. *
Return to Programs
View All Activities