American Red Cross Learn to Swim
• All lessons are 40 minutes long
• Lessons are held rain or shine; in the event of a lighting or thunder storm class will be cancelled
• Note: There are no make-up classes and students may not attend other classes; we do not pro-rate swimming lessons
• Fee: $72.00 per session (Pool members pay $57.00 per session)
* Be sure to register for a pool membership first to get a discount*
Parent & Child: For children 6 months old through 4 years old and their parent (s). Class is a mix of songs and instruction to get your child comfortable in the water.
Pre-School: For children ages 4 to 5 years old. Teaches elementary aquatic skills and builds on the fundamentals needed for level 1.
Level 1: For children ages 5 & up. Teaches basic water safety and skills to help children feel comfortable in the water.
Level 2: For children ages 5 & up. Participants build on fundamental skills and will learn to float without support and to recover in a vertical position. Students begin working on the foundation for stroke development.
Level 3: For children ages 5 & up. Participants will learn survival float, swim the front crawl and elementary backstroke. They will be introduced to scissors and dolphin kicks.