American Red Cross Learn to Swim
Update: Swim lessons for Parent/Child and Pre-School will require a parent/guardian to be in the water with the participant at all times. For level 1-3, a parent/guardian is not required to be in the water with the students. It is recommended that even if a particular class is full to still register to be on the wait list as we may be able to open the classes to more swimmers. You will not be charged if you register on the wait list, only when participant is admitted into the class.
• All lessons are 45 minutes long
• Lessons are held rain or shine and on holiday; in the event of a lighting or thunder storm class will be cancelled
• Note: There are no make-up classes and students may not attend other classes; we do not pro-rate swimming lessons.
• Please review all swim lesson guidelines and pool rules prior to registering for the class. (Listed in the "Additional Forms" section below) Covid-19 protocols subject to change.
• Fee: $73 per session (Pool members pay $63 per session)
* Be sure to register for a pool membership first to get a discount*
Parent & Child: For children 6 months old through 4 years old and their parent (s). Class is a mix of songs and instruction to get your child comfortable in the water.
Level 1: For children ages 4 & up. Teaches basic water safety and skills to help children feel comfortable in the water.
Level 2: For children ages 5 & up. Participants build on fundamental skills and will learn to float without support and to recover in a vertical position. Students begin working on the foundation for stroke development.
Level 3: For children ages 5 & up. Participants will learn survival float, swim the front crawl and elementary backstroke. They will be introduced to scissors and dolphin kicks.
Covid-19 protocols subject to change. Please continue to check website for updates.