Update (6/04/2020): Saturday swim lessons have been updated. Lessons are 45 minutes long for six classes. Price has been adjusted to reflect change in number of classes. Participants who were already registered have been credited for the difference.
American Red Cross Learn to Swim
All swim lessons will require a parent/guardian to be in the water with the participant at all times (exception: Level 3 - swimmer must be able to swim the width of the pool unassisted. Parents will be asked to participate during the back stroke/float portion on select days - schedule will be discussed with parent/guardian).
• All lessons are 45 minutes long
• Lessons are held rain or shine and on holiday; in the event of a lighting or thunder storm class will be cancelled
• Note: There are no make-up classes and students may not attend other classes; we do not pro-rate swimming lessons
• Fee: $72.00 per session (Pool members pay $57.00 per session)
* Be sure to register for a pool membership first to get a discount*
Parent & Child: For children 6 months old through 4 years old and their parent (s). Class is a mix of songs and instruction to get your child comfortable in the water.
Pre-School: For children ages 3 to 5 years old. Teaches elementary aquatic skills and builds on the fundamentals needed for level 1.
Level 1: For children ages 5 & up. Teaches basic water safety and skills to help children feel comfortable in the water.
Level 2: For children ages 5 & up. Participants build on fundamental skills and will learn to float without support and to recover in a vertical position. Students begin working on the foundation for stroke development.
Level 3: For children ages 5 & up. Participants will learn survival float, swim the front crawl and elementary backstroke. They will be introduced to scissors and dolphin kicks.