Registration is now open for the Ski Program. Registration is limited. Please review all the information below prior to registering.
Register early to secure your spot. Once all spots are filled, registration will close (even before the deadline). Don’t wait, register today!
IMPORTANT: All participants MUST register for the BUS SEAT + A PLAN BELOW.
Plan A: Lift Pass - $210
Plan B: Lift Pass & Lessons - $325
Plan C: Lift Pass & Equipment Rental - $361
Plan D: Lift Pass, Lessons & Equipment Rental - $476
Plan E: Passholder Lesson- $200 (must have season pass for this option)
Plan F: Season Passholder - No additional fee - please select this option (in addition to the bus seat) to confirm you have a season ticket.
- All parents/guardians are required to complete and sign the program agreement form.Ski Sundown does not accept electronic signatures.
- Forms and other information located in additional forms and files section.
- The packet must be returned to the Parks and Recreation Office by Friday, November 3.
Form Drop-Off Options
1. In-Person: Canton Parks & Recreation Office
If after business hours, there is a drop box you can place forms in through the office door.
Canton Parks & Recreation Dept.
Attn: Kellie Faust
40 Dyer Ave.
Collinsville, CT 06022
Must be received before 11/4
Ski Program Policies & Information
Please read the following info on registration, refunds, and our behavior policy. This includes the information listed below in addition to the information provided in the Ski Sundown Packets. You must answer yes that you have read and understand the policies to proceed with this registration.
1. Registration is limited and is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Any bus seat only refunds must be made by Tuesday, November 29 and will incur a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Any Ski Sundown Tickets, Lessons or Rental refund requests must be made prior to January 1, 2024 and will incur a $35.00 cancellation fee.
- Injury or illness refund requests must be confirmed by a letter from a licensed physician, and the refund request must be received from the group leader prior to end of season.
3. Ski Program Trip Cancellation will be communicated via the email address that you use for this registration. If school is closed due to the weather conditions, the trip is canceled. Make-ups will be rescheduled if approved by Ski Sundown. Dates are subject to change based on weather. Please review the Ski Sundown policy below listed in notes.
Individual Missed Session: If your child misses a session, their Group Program Badge is valid for a 4-hour Lift Only make-up visit on Mondays-Fridays, excluding holidays, until the end of the season. There is no make-up, credit or refund for a missed lesson and/or lift ticket. Please read full missed session information in the provided Parent Info Packet.
1. While there are chaperones at the mountain this program is very independent in nature. Participants will have a check-in spot at the table, but there will not be assigned groups while on the mountain. If taking a lesson, participants will be shown where to go the first week, then after the lesson they will be free to ski on the mountain.Students are responsible for returning to the table at the time designated by the chaperone.
2. Any student who is misbehaving, disrespectful, not following directions (i.e. returning at assigned time) or acting in any other disruptive manner will be dismissed from the program with no refund. Please review full Ski Sundown policies as well.
3. Bus Information
CHS/CMS: Students will be dismissed to the ski bus during general dismissals and will ride the bus to the community center. Students also have the option to walk to the community center.
CIS: Students will be dismissed to walk to the community center. A Canton Parks & Rec staff will meet students over at CIS for the first week to show them where to go and to pick up their equipment, then all students will need to walk over on their own after week one.
General Bus Info:The bus arrives at Ski Sundown at 3:30pm and departs at 7:30pm (students will be dropped off at Canton High School at 7:50/8:00pm). Parents/guardians must be a CHS by 8pm for pick-up. If you are planning on picking up your child from Ski Sundown, you will not need a note, but you will need to check your child out with a chaperone. If another participant’s parent/guardian is picking up your child from Ski Sundown, please email me a note. Participants will be transported to and from Ski Sundown.
4. Ski Equipment: Any equipment can be dropped off the day of the program at the Canton Community Center in Room E starting at 7 AM until the time of bus pick up. Students cannot bring ski/board equipment on their regular route school bus in the morning. Please note, equipment will not be monitored in the room and will be left at your own risk. If there is a program running in the room when you are dropping off the equipment, please do not go into the room – you can drop equipment off in our office (next door) instead. LABEL ALL EQUIPMENT. Ski Sundown Missing Item Report: https://skisundown.com/contact/#lost
5. All skiers/snowboarders are strongly recommended to wear helmets. Equipment rentals do not include helmets.
Lesson & Rental Information
For participants who need to rent equipment:
-Make sure to put the proper shoe size on the form. It will make the rental process much quicker on the 1st day.
-Make sure to wear proper socks for skiing and snowboarding. Socks should be calf height or higher, made of wool or a blend, and participants should only wear 1 pair of socks for the most comfortable fit.
-Pants must be wide enough to cover the boots.
For participants who register for a lesson:
- If you are signing your child up for lessons, please select only 1 level. If you are unsure, go with the lower level, and the instructors at Ski Sundown will move your child to a correct level if needed.
- Lessons are optional (register below)
Chaperones are needed! We ask that chaperones be able to commit to 80-100% of the program. We ask chaperones to rotate the bus responsibilities for the five sessions. Chaperones are not required to ski or snowboard, but are welcome to do so during the program free of charge. There are also additional benefits (lift tickets, credit, etc.)! Indicate on the registration you are interested in chaperoning and you will be contacted to discuss further details and benefits.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: November 2, 2023 at 8 AM
Register now at www.cantonrec.org, over the phone at 860-693-5808, or in person at the Parks and Recreation Office Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm. For any questions, please contact Kellie Faust at 860-693-5808 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If bus seat registration is full DO NOT register for any of the plans; however, you are welcome to go on the bus seat wait list.